As we edge closer to the summer months, you may be thinking of moving home or even just updating a few walls, tiles or freshening things up outdoors.
At our Haughton Grange development in Morville, Bridgnorth, the luxurious five-bedroom show home that’s now open to visitors, has been designed with the very latest interior décor trends – so much so, we’re pretty confident you will want to emulate some of its style…that’s if you don’t fall in love with it at first sight.
From bold-coloured walls to practical open-plan interior layouts, granite worktops, and attractive bi-fold doors that invite the outside in, the month of May is the perfect time to spruce up your home, add statement lighting or even make the move you may have been putting off for a while.
But when it comes to change, what should be done first? Our work with interior experts this year has given us a few insights:
- When it comes to decorating the home, ensure the emphasis is on choosing designs that are classic and longer lasting, rather than something you’ll get tired of quickly.
- Pick out bold accent colours and build neutral tones around that, just like we’ve done in our show home kitchen which has a gorgeous teal statement wall, combined with delicate white in other areas.
- Soft furnishings are easy to update and this summer it’s all about tactile and calming colours to bring an emphasis of zen throughout any home – it’s something that’s very evident in one of the bedrooms which has a delicate pink and ivory colour scheme.
- If your furniture is plain, why not choose an accessory or wall covering that has more of a pattern – don’t be afraid to mix these up as it will create an eye-catching balance overall.
- Comfort is the name of the game within our homes and if you have a spare room or snug, choose furniture with the comfort factor. Our Haughton Grange show home snug has the perfect sofa to kick back and relax at any time of the day or night.
- Children’s bedrooms are a great way of emulating a child’s personality, and where possible, use accessories to complement colour schemes and themes. If there’s a character or a particular football team your child loves, why not incorporate that?
- The garden shouldn’t be forgotten when it comes to updating your home. There are some lovely seating options around at the moment, from hanging cocoon-style chairs to Jack and Jill benches as well as recliners. With the predicted heat wave for this summer, go on, spoil yourself!
If you are in the market for moving, our executive development Haughton Grange combines the very best of rural living with exquisite homes. To view the show home and have a tour around the development please visit www.dbahomes.co.uk, email email@example.com or call 01902 255026.
DBA Homes is currently marketing its four- and five-bedroom homes which start from £424,950. Back to News